I recently read a one month review post by My Spotted Blog and it was such a good idea that it inspired me to do my own. Luckily, my one month anniversary was only a few days away and hadn’t planned on doing anything special until then- perfect timing wouldn’t you say?
I was slightly wary of viewing any stats as I knew they wouldn’t be high seeing as though I have only been active for a month so I mentally prepped myself beforehand. But now I am so glad I did look as it has made my confidence in myself and my blog grow so much more than it was before.
Within a month I have connected with 228 followers on my @SimplyChloe_1 Twitter account and have tweeted 301 times.
As for my blog, I have posted 10 posts in total excluding this one, received 592 views, welcomed 293 visitors, gained 43 followers and 179 comments.
These are all huge milestones for me as this is the first time I have ever done something for myself and then shared it with others! The response I have gotten for simply writing a few posts is so cool and makes me feel way more comfortable sharing more of what I enjoy writing about in the future.
- Coming up to Christmas I am hoping to get a new iPhone so hopefully original photos will be making an entrance onto my posts! No more frantically searching Pixabay and stressing out about what photo to use and whether or not it’s the one I wanted.
- My intention once I have my new phone with its fancy camera is to finally start the Instagram page I wanted at the beginning when I was starting my blog.
- Finally sort out my Pinterest account and get it changed to a business profile so that I can reach and engage with so many of you lovely people!
This past month has taught me so much and as you can see, inspired me to make plans for the future on making my blog better. It has also made me look forward to learning new aspects of blogging, most especially from my fellow bloggers.
- Throughout this journey I have found that one thing I struggle with is the overall design of my blog. With no prior experience and little knowledge, it’s definitely going to be slow going for me to understand and work out my own style but I have hope that I’ll get there in the end-it’s only been one month after all!
- Luckily I am a pretty organised person, so posting posts and deciding what to write about hasn’t been too difficult. I even made a google doc spreadsheet so that if any ideas came to mind I could add to it in work and keep a track of what I should be writing next. Unfortunately I get stressed out very easily so I have learned that I need to manage that better and not get anxious or upset if I am unable to post or keep to my schedule.
What I am taking from this month
Believe it or not this is actually the first time I have truly been able to write about things I wish to write about rather than university assignment or work tasks. There is so much freedom with a blog, I finally get to chose what it is I write about and how I share it with you all.
Everybody says it and it’s true. The blogging community truly is the most supportive, friendly, welcoming group of people I have ever interacted with! It’s funny isn’t it, sometimes the most supportive people aren’t even the ones closest to you. Not in a bad way, it’s just the way it is as there are far more people available online then there are in person.
This past month has given me the opportunity to read others blogs, comment on the ones I enjoyed and can even relate to as well as praise fellow bloggers on their own amazing blogs! It’s so cool to see different blogs and individual styles, no one blog is the same.
Looking back this past month, I am so happy with the progress I’ve made on my blog, especially seeing as though I am unable to work on it as much as I would like to do.
I love and appreciate all the help and advice I have received from fellow bloggers!
If anyone else has any helpful information or tips, let me know in the comments!